A pit bull saved her family/NOT the dog from this story
Photo by Sebastian Artz/Getty Images

A Georgia family will be able to ring in the New Year thanks to their loyal dog who successfully alerted them to a devastating house fire, reported Thursday’s WRCB TV News.

On Sunday night, while Jennifer Ross and her family were sound asleep, fire crept throughout their Gordon County home.

The family’s intuitive pit bull, “Bella,” noticed the looming danger first.

Ross described Bella’s initial efforts to rouse her from sleep:

It sounded like she wanted to go out,”

I was like, ‘Bella, let me sleep and I’ll let you out in a little bit.'”

Thankfully, though Bella was initially given the brush off, she persisted in her efforts to wake her family.

Bella’s efforts escalated – she began to jump on the bed and then ran to the door – it was enough to alert her drowsy guardian to the danger.

Read More Here

Enhanced by Zemanta
Advertisements